Clothing made from bamboo – surely not…If you don’t have a piece of bamboo clothing for your baby you’re really missing out! Since discovering the benefits of bamboo in clothing/blankets for babies we have searched for a brand that not only uses bamboo but also looks fantastic.... and we are pleased to say that we have found Panda and the Sparrow who have done exactly that!
Not only is Bamboo the fastest growing plant in the world, the beneficial properties of bamboo also include:
- it’s as soft as cashmere
- it’s naturally hypoallergenic ( perfect for your baby’s sensitive skin, especially for those with eczema, allergies, dermatitis or other skin sensitivities.)
- it’s thermo regulating (It keeps you cool when it is hot and warmer when it is cool, perfect for your peace of mind.)
- it’s UV resistant (cutting out up to 98% of harmful UV rays, so perfect for those sunny days and holidays.)
- it’s breathable (a great breathable fabric. It helps to absorb and evaporate perspiration faster than any other fabric, which is also helpful with preventing odours.
- it’s absorbent (It is 3-4 times more absorbent than cotton. It wicks away moisture from the body which then evaporates, therefore keeping your baby naturally drier and more comfortable.)
Panda and the Sparrow is 100% Panda Friendly
We're also pleased to say that the use of bamboo on these garments is 100% Panda Friendly as there are over 1000 species of bamboo tree, however Pandas only eat about 20 of the species. So no food is being taken away from these beautiful and endangered animals.